At Thorpeness Golf Club and Hotel we take the safety of our Guests, Folk and Suppliers very seriously
COVID-19 Policy Statement
About this policy
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our Folk, guests and anyone affected by our business activities, and providing a safe and suitable environment for all those attending our premises. This policy outlines our approach to working throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
SARS-Co V-2 is a respiratory virus that can invade a host via the respiratory route or via hand to eye / mouth / nose contact, causing the disease COVID-19. People who appear healthy may be carrying the virus, which can be passed on either directly or indirectly to others. This means we assume that anyone could be carrying the virus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those notified by the NHS as being clinically high risk are more likely to have more serious complications with a threat to life.
- Take into full account the COVID-19 secure guidance for our sector published by HM Government when planning and implementing health and safety measures for COVID-19 control
- Consider all other relevant COVID-19 NHS and scientific guidance, as issued by Industry leaders
- Carry out and regularly review a COVID-19 risk assessment which will consider the risks arising from COVID-19 and from any additional measures put in place to control those risks. Examples include altered patterns of work, home working, furloughing staff and layout or operational changes to our existing workplace
- Continue to implement and enforce reasonable measures to reduce these risks as far as we can, following the HM Government recommended risk control hierarchy
- Continue to provide comprehensive information, instruction, and training to our Folk
- Protect our workplace from COVID-19 contamination through various means, such as restricting visitors and managing deliveries
- Provide suitable equipment and cleaning products as required to keep our areas safe
- Make suitable layout changes to our existing workplaces to allow safe and social distancing
- Support members of our team who have been positively diagnosed with COVID-19
- Support the mental health of our teams operating an ‘open door’ policy and signposting, where appropriate, to mental health resources
The importance of protecting everyone that comes into contact with our business and in protecting the reputation of the company is of the highest importance. Any employee whose behaviours or actions are seen to put the business or customers at unnecessary risk will be dealt with in line with usual Disciplinary Policy and Procedure.
We understand that COVID-19 will continue to affect the way we work for the foreseeable future and we ask that you help us to keep everyone safe in our workplaces and communities by complying with the requirements that our company and HM Government put in place.
Chief Executive Officer